Answered

Network Problems

• 30 May 2021
  • 6 replies

I have happily enjoyed Sonos for many years but am currently experiencing a never ending series of issues with my system. Something is not right in my network. Symptoms are constantly disappearing rooms, network connection speed errors, playback skips and stops on streaming radio, Deezer (hifi), music library, etc.

My system includes six players on SonosNet with a Connect to router via ethernet. Router is Netgear Orbi RB50 with two satellites. Service is gigabit with WiFi speedtests in the range of 375 mbps. WiFi is channel 1.  SonosNET channel 11. 

I have rebooted the system and brought devices back one at a time to try to get things stable. Changed channels. But nothing has  worked. Please help. 

Diagnostic 789026404

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 May 2021, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you tried another ethernet cable? Or try connecting another speaker by ethernet in stead of the Connect.

No. Will do. Thanks for the tip. 

Bad ethernet cable! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Stephen Weeks 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your system is suffering from interference at the Office Connect.

Please read our Reducing Wireless Interference pages on identifying possible sources of interference and remove them so they’re at least 1m away from the Connect.

That should help at least in part.

Thanks Corry. I did move that Connect a little further away from my router, which I assume was the problem device. And replaced the ethernet cable. All seems well now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Stephen Weeks 

Fantastic! Glad to hear it - thanks for updating us!