Question

Network Interference

• 15 December 2016
  • 8 replies

Do I submit my diagnostic here? The number is:

THANKS!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Do I submit my diagnostic here? The number is:

THANKS!!

HI cagleyleslie,

There's some wireless interference showing up in your diagnostic report. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if things improve.
I've changed the channel a million times. Right now, network is channel 1, access point is channel 6, and Sonos is 11. But I've changed them all around. You can't tell what exactly is causing the interference? We can't play music without Sonos stopping every few minutes every day!!
I mean... of course I know there's wireless interference... that really wasn't helpful. I get that notice every couple of songs when Sonos stops playing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please look around your Master Bedroom unit and look for any wireless device there might be nearby. There are some wireless communication errors between that unit and some of the other Sonos units you have in that group. There are other wireless communication errors but most of them relate to the Master Bedroom. It also appears that that unit has a weaker signal connection than most of your speakers. That could be due to interference, which shows up as noise on the antenna in the diagnostic report, but also from distance or environmental factors, such as thick walls or power lines.

It might help to use a different Sonos speaker to create your group. The speaker you choose to group others to becomes a group coordinator and handles more bandwidth as it sends streaming music to other speakers in your group.
Ohhhhhhh, I didn't realize the importance of the group coordinator!! I switched to a different one. I'm still getting some 'jumping around' of the music on the speakers. Here's a new diagnostics report... but I'm not sure I captured it exactly when there were problems. Do you see anything different in this report? THANK YOUUUU!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ohhhhhhh, I didn't realize the importance of the group coordinator!! I switched to a different one. I'm still getting some 'jumping around' of the music on the speakers. Here's a new diagnostics report... but I'm not sure I captured it exactly when there were problems. Do you see anything different in this report? THANK YOUUUU!!

There's still wireless interference showing up which is causing the audio jumps. If you can't find any wireless devices near your Sonos system, let me know and I'll create a support ticket for you then get you in touch with our phone team.
Oh yes... I'd really like to sort this... I would like a support ticket, please. We have 12 Sonos speakers... and yet my husband and I can't enjoy listening to music. We just get so tense when it starts jumping from speaker to speaker, or stopping completely for minutes at a time.

Which reminds me... we bought two of the new Play:5 speakers when they first came out... but one is COMPLETELY dead. I've read all the 'reset' tricks.. but no lights whatsoever come on. Nothing. It is dead. What can we do??

Thanks! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Oh yes... I'd really like to sort this... I would like a support ticket, please. We have 12 Sonos speakers... and yet my husband and I can't enjoy listening to music. We just get so tense when it starts jumping from speaker to speaker, or stopping completely for minutes at a time.

Which reminds me... we bought two of the new Play:5 speakers when they first came out... but one is COMPLETELY dead. I've read all the 'reset' tricks.. but no lights whatsoever come on. Nothing. It is dead. What can we do??

Thanks! :)

I've created a support ticket for you: 161227-002365. Please give us a call and reference that number. You can find our phone number and hours in your region here.