Answered

Network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer - local files

• 20 June 2019
  • 2 replies

My diagnostics number is 1928075953.
Soundcloud and all other services works fine. But when I trying to listen my local media library (.WAV format) I get this error "network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer".

macOS Mojave 10.14.5
2x Play 1 in Stereopair.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 June 2019, 04:35

The community moderators are generally gone for the day by now. If you're interested in speaking directly to Sonos support, instead, I would recommend that you contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

That being said, generally the "network speed" error is a reflection of an issue internal to your LAN, most often caused by local interference of some sort. Essentially, your speakers are having a hard time staying connected to the source of the music, i.e. your local media library. Could potentially be the hard drive sleeping, depending on where your local library is stored. Not being a Sonos employee, I don't have access to your diagnostic.
View original

2 replies

The community moderators are generally gone for the day by now. If you're interested in speaking directly to Sonos support, instead, I would recommend that you contact Sonos Support to discuss it. I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

That being said, generally the "network speed" error is a reflection of an issue internal to your LAN, most often caused by local interference of some sort. Essentially, your speakers are having a hard time staying connected to the source of the music, i.e. your local media library. Could potentially be the hard drive sleeping, depending on where your local library is stored. Not being a Sonos employee, I don't have access to your diagnostic.
Thank you! I made a ticket to support