Answered

network bandwidth insufficient to maintain playback buffer

• 18 January 2020
  • 27 replies

Badge

Hi all,

So sorry for the repeat question but as I have another problem as well I thought it might be best to ask it separately.

Basically, I do get the bandwidth insufficient error but also when I don't get that if I connect more than 2 play:1 speakers to a sonos boost it again goes off. Basically 2 boosts are connected with wire to the sonos system and then each of the boosters are supposed to support 3 speakers on each floor separately. 

My diagnosis number is 799501210. 

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by buzz 24 January 2020, 18:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Badge

Thank you very much buzz, we connected one speaker with wire and could have all the speakers on that speaker's group. You have found a solution before Sonos support! Thanks!

Also thanks so much Stanley_4 that was helpful!

Badge +2

When a Group is built, the first player is elected as the Group’s “coordinator”. All traffic for the Grouped players flows through this unit. If this unit is on the edge with respect to its wireless connectivity, the Group will suffer. Obviously as the Group grows, problems accelerate. Sometimes building the Group in a different order is helpful. For example if one of the players is wired, make this unit the coordinator.

Of all the responses I’ve seen, THIS actually makes sense. While I don’t have a Player wired, I re-assembled the group w/ the closest player to the router first. Knock on wood .. shuffles across my PC’s library ran without a hitch. That’s a first. Thanks!