Question

My surrounds on my Beam connect but then disappear

• 20 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello 

I have a beam connected to a lg TV through hmi arc. I used to have 2 play:1 as surrounds and it has worked perfect for 18 months. Suddenly the surrounds stopped working so I factory reset them and added them again. That added fine but then when I try use it they don't work and when I go on the system to see what's happened. It shows 

Living room(+?+?) And won't work. I then disconnect the surrounds and the play:1 disappears until the next day. They then reappear I add them as surrounds and the same thing happens again. 

Many thanks 

Dan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Do not factory reset again.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in all Sonos devices.

Double check the ‘radio/wifi’ setting on your Beam. Switch it off, then back on.

Read the wifi interference FAQ, and check for any potential sources near your Beam or surrounds, particularly, but not limited to, the 5Ghz range, which is what your surrounds are using to connect to the Beam.