Answered

My Sonos sound system keep cutting out

• 27 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to figure out why my Sonos speakers (2 x Play: 1, 2 x Beam, 1 x Symfonisk Bookshelf, 2 x Symfonisk Table Lamps, 1 x Move, 1 x Roam) keeps cutting off.  My router is an ASUS RT-N66U.  Could it be that I need to upgrade my router?  It’s always done a good job except for the music playback on my Sonos speakers recently.  I took a diagnostic.  Can someone take a look at it and point me in the right direction?  272111800

Thank you!

Dan

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 April 2021, 04:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disabling Airtime Fairness on your router for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3668?language=en_US

I don’t see a Airtime Fairness setting in my ASUS Wireless settings.  I never used to have cutting off issues when I had 5-6 speakers.  But when I added a 2nd beam and then a Move and now a Roam, the sound is constantly cutting off on all speakers.  It’s frustrating to have invested this much in the ecosystem only to see (hear) the experience getting worse.  Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Dan

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect any of your speakers directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

No, there isn’t a way to connect any of my speakers directly to my router.  The reason I invested in the Sonos ecosystem is to not have the obligation to do that.  Can anyone help me out?

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this cutting outproblem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.