Answered

My Sonos Play: 5 (Jan 1) does not do anything

My Sonos Play 5 (gen 1) does not do anything! Only standing white light. When I'm plug the ethernet still don't do anything. Ethernet status lights don' do anything too! What's the problem? (I got from my friend, he also don't know what the problem with the product! Please help me.

Best Regards!

Bence
icon

Best answer by Chris 22 October 2018, 23:18

I would call Sonos
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So if you got it from friend and have never used it yourself it is probably setup with all his settings.

If you plug in via ethernet - then download Sonos app - choose connect to existing system and his old system should actually come up.

Best thing to do knowing then it is working is do a factory reset and set it up as your speaker with your settings.
Have you downloaded the app on your phone? Have you set up the system?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/setting-up-sonos

Since you got it from a friend, it might be best to do a factory reset:

factory reset

That will get it back to the "initial" state, so that you can properly set it up for your home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
as long as nothing on it to loose - then factory reset like this

Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Once reset - open Sonos controller and choose "Setup New System" Boost mode if you have it connected ethernet still or Normal mode if you have it disconnected from the ethernet to router.
And what can I do if I can't reset it? I think the product can't boot up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The solid white light your seeing means its booted up.
Hmm. I tried to reset so much time but nothing. Try to setup in the app, nothing. The Play5 can't see the ethernet too. It can be motherboard error?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would call Sonos
I try to setup the sonos product on S7Egde with the latest sonos controller app. I restarted router and phone too , and plug in directly to router via ethernet and try to setup like an existing product but nothing ,so I call Sonos on this week. Anyway , thanks for the help 😉
Bence,

What's your native language? Sonos has support forums in many different languages, it might be easier if yours matched one of the ones that Sonos has (Francais, Deutch, Svenska, Norsk). They also tend to have phone lines set up in various countries, which you could find here:

contact Sonos

Just as a comment, it might be worth updating your profile to indicate location....there's a certain amount of the Sonos software that checks that data in order to know what to present to you in the controller app.