Answered

My Sonos One shows "thumbnail" artwork other than relevant to the track playing

• 31 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I use my Sonos One to play mp3, wav, wma tracks ripped to the C: on my laptop. For some reason, many of the tracks display incorrect artwork when playing. For example I am looking at Karen and Richard Carpenter whilst listening to Mark Knopfler.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

PeeWee

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 February 2021, 00:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you checked the folder the tracks are held in for any album art image files and also check the track metadata tags to see if any album art is embedded in the track - software such as Mp3Tag will allow you to view/change the album art.

Also perhaps see this helpful link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/543

After changing the album art, don’t forget to also update your Sonos library index in “Settings/System/Manage Library"

Sonos grabs data from the tags for each song from your drive. It does not access an external database. Unless the tags on the file are incorrect, then I’d suspect some sort of interruption in the connection between your speakers and the drive, at the moment it is asking for an update for the image. Mine do tend to lag, by a second or two, but not much more than that, when I’m paying attention, which is pretty rarely, since I tend to listen to my music, not watch it.