Answered

My Sonos Move cuts out every 5-10 minutes when using Bluetooth

• 18 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I bought the Sonos Move speaker primarily to use as a bluetooth speaker but I often have problems with it, especially when using Windows or Android devices. For some reason it doesnt happen as often with Apple devices.

Basically the audio will cut out briefly for about half a second, and this happens at regular intervals of around 5-10 minutes. 

Can anyone help me with this? Is the speaker faulty or is there something that I’m not doing right?

Any advice would be much appreciated. This is otherwise a great speaker.

Daniel

icon

Best answer by James L. 19 February 2021, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @danieljohn, welcome to the community.

Is there a particular audio source that this occurs more frequently with (i.e. YouTube, Disney+ etc.)? 

It doesn’t sound like the Move is faulty to me, but we may be able to take a closer look at what’s going on inside the speaker through diagnostics.

I suggest the following:

If you’re able to do these steps this will allow our team to get a better understanding of what’s going on with you Move.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Many thanks for your advice James. I’ll do just what you recommended and see what your team says the next time this problem arises.

Best wishes,

Daniel

I have the same problem, i tried the tips you gave, didn’t work. I use Spotify to play music And tried it with windows, iPhone and Android device, the problem is the same. What to do?