My Sonos Amp can't be switched on

• 3 September 2021
  • 5 replies

My Sonos Amp was working perfectly fine just the day before but now it does not have any light.

I’ve tried various solutions (as well as the ones listed here) as well as the Sonos Assistant bot but to no avail.

My amp is relatively new, bought less than 2 years ago - is this the regular life cycle of a Sonos product?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you checked the fuse on the power lead?

If that is OK I suggest you call the support number in your country.  All electronics can fail prematurely but Sonos is no more prone to this than any other device and it is relatively rare.

Not very certain how I should go about testing that.

Would any similar-looking replacement cable be fine?

Have you checked the fuse on the power lead?

If that is OK I suggest you call the support number in your country.  All electronics can fail prematurely but Sonos is no more prone to this than any other device and it is relatively rare.

^

Just realised i didn’t quote your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yes, try an cable from another device that fits.  In the UK our plugs have their own accessible fuses.

Yes, try an cable from another device that fits.  In the UK our plugs have their own accessible fuses.

Alright let me give that a shot.

I believe Singapore has exactly the same fuse/plugs as the UK.