"My Music" tab error ' We've encountered an problem.

• 8 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Recently I have changes my iMac and had to re-synchronise my music with iCloud. Ever since I have done this the My Music tab within Apple Music doesn’t populate my own music anymore. I am able to listen to Radio, New and For You, however even after Reauthorise Account and deleting account My Music this still doesn’t populate. 

I have called the helpdesk and they claim it has to do with issues with the iOS version I am using, a beta version. However, this is not correct, the iOS and macOS are both official released version and up to date. It has been 3 weeks now without being able to use my Sonos system to listen my personal music. By this time any synchronisation between Apple Music, iCloud and Sonos should been completed and ready for use. 

Any one else seen this issues, and knowing how to resolve this? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Hjälmar, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community.Sorry to know about what happened to your Music Library after the changes made in your Mac, If it doesn’t show your songs, I think you need to remove and re-add the path to your music library or update your music library. Kindly check this article about Adding your music library on Sonos and Updating the music library on Sonos. Let me know if it worked or not.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I’m facing the same issue. Neither the macOS nor the iOS app work with Apple Music library properly. It kinda works a bit though - I can play music if I select it from Apple Music > My Music > Recently Added.

However, no other way (e.g. “Albums”) works - seeing the generic error message when navigating to any other tab. It’s the same for both iOS and macOS. I’ve updated all the software, I’ve tried removing and adding the service again, reinstalling the Sonos app, nothing helps.

@Simon B Please check on your end and advice a solution or provide an ETA on patches for iOS and macOS apps being out. If you need any additional debug info pls feel free to request that, will provide all I can. macOS Big Sur, macOS Sonos app version 12.2.2, iOS 14.2, iOS app version 12.2.2

@Simon B how can I open a tracked customer support ticket? Your website seems to intentionally have a UX hiding that away from me and pointing to canned responses and articles instead (which I’ve checked and none had an answer, able to resolve my case)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tristantzara, thanks for the update and the information that you gave. I’ll send a private message about the details. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

@Simon B I would appreciate to hear what the solutions as well, thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Hjälmar, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know that you may have the same issue with your Sonos system, I’ll send you a private message for the contact details.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

@Simon B ,  I guess I should post my update here, maybe someone from the community could help, or maybe that would attract some more visibility to the issue.

I’ve contacted support on this one and after a while of back and forth I was told that they required me to call them on the phone and do a live screen sharing session. The issue here is that I need English-speaking support and that turned out to be only available if I call the UK or US support. The issue was aggravated by the fact that apparently, those toll-free numbers are only callable from within the corresponding countries while I’m currently neither in the UK nor in US. After making the support aware of this I was told that in such a case no help was possible and got advised to contact my phone carrier to resolve the issue.

This is just embarrassing. One of the most basic functionalities of the system - integration with one of the most widely used music services is broken, and to get that working I need a phone call (for instance, in 2020, thank God, I wasn’t asked to send a fax) and if that doesn’t work I’m supposed to go off to various 3rd party institutions which have nothing to do with the issue. Another bitter note was that after I was told that by support @Simon B suddenly decided to stop answering DMs, sending one he suggested himself, even though since then he has posted here.

I’m just baffled - apparently getting the most basic functionality of the Sonos system to work is not really possible.

Embarrassingly, @Simon B  To mitigate the issue temporarily I’ve tried using AirPlay but turns out this doesn’t quite work on Sonos as well - speakers just stop being detectable every now and then. Seriously thinking about applying for a refund, this is embarrassing - basic features broken and support is essentially useless

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tristantzara, Sorry for the delayed response. I sent you a reply through a private message. Thanks.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.