Answered

My Cable Box is interfering with my Sonos HDMI connection

• 11 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I just bought the Sonos Arc SL Bar, connecting to my TV LG-70UK6570AUB via HDMI ARC. When my cable box and sonos are connected via HDMI, no sound through Sonos ARC. I can only get sound when I disconnect everything else or if I connect to Optic connection (Optic connection works on TV and Streaming but I loose “Dolby” sound). This happens every time the TV is turned off and on but if the system detects the cable box... no sound. My Cable box doesn't look modern and neither can't set up or modify the type of audio for the cable box. PLEASE HELP!!!!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 November 2021, 04:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

To GuitarSuperstar: Yes we tried.  Same outcome :(  The cable box is: Arris DCX525e “Dolby Digital Plus” :(
To: Ken_Griffiths

: Thanks!!! I will try that.

If it’s the HDMI-CEC on the cable TV box stealing the focus away from your Arc-SL, then maybe switch off that controlling protocol in its settings and see if that solves it… If the box does not have an option to switch off CEC, you could possibly try inserting a CEC-Less adapter in its connection to the TV - see this link for the type of adapter that ‘might’ help resolve the issue:

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

Userlevel 7

What model is your cable box? Have you tried connecting it to a different HDMI port on the TV?