Mute with Playbar and other remotes (Control4, Xfinity) not functioning with 8.0

• 18 October 2017
  • 5 replies

With the new 8.0 software update, the mute function is not operating as it used to. I have multiple setups with playbars and Sonos Play 1s as surrounds. I control these with either Control 4 remotes or XFinity remotes. With the new software update my remotes will mute the sound on the playbars, but if you press mute again to "unmute" it stays silent. The volume up button on the remotes does not work at this point either. The only way to get these systems back producing sound is to go into the Sonos App and unmute the room. If anyone has the same issue and has found a fix, I would sincerely appreciate any advice you may have.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, wavebrad. Thanks for reaching out. Are you still having problems with your remote controls and Sonos? Since your post we have released a couple updates, has the behavior changed? Do other commands (other than Unmute) function as expected when you are stuck in Mute?
Hi Sonos team:

I've having same problem. I just upgraded to a mesh network and had to rebuild my Sonos network. However, now both of my playbars are not controllable with the C4 remote control once I mute. I have to use the IOS app or desktop program to get volume back again.

Help...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Shouldn't you be asking Control4 this question?
Actually no.....I've had C4-Sonos combo for over 4 years now and only after the latest Sonos "upgrade" did it stop working correctly.

But carry on....
This happens to me too. I just bought the 5.1 setup and am hooked up to an LG OLED. My gf wants to kick the system out of the house already. What might be the fix?