Question

Music Stuttering and system unreliable.

• 24 December 2020
  • 1 reply

We've recently moved to a much larger home and with it, we've expanded our system.

As we’ve expanded the Sonos app has been unstable in the grouping, playing, stopping the music.  

For example, when trying to launch music everywhere, I often get errors that Sonos is unable to connect or the device is not available to try again.  When music is playing, speakers cut out.  

This is so apparent when there's only 1 speaker in a room. 

Here's the setup

1)  Office1 and Office2: 1 Move and 1 play:1 each office

2) Great Room: arc, sub g3, 2x only

3) Amp general space

4) Amp pool

1. Bedroom Beam
  2. Bathroom play:1
  3. Billiards: play at, sub g2, 2xone
  4. Martini room: 2x oneSL
  5. Kitchen play:1
  6. Dining room play:1
  7. Foyer play:1

Network:

Verizon gigabit Fios connected to

Netgear Orbi wifi6 mesh

Disconnected apple homelit integration and Alexa integration.  I've disabled the assistants.

I've tried connecting using Sonos net and via WiFi.  The arc stutters when it's hard-wired to the  Orbi satellite that is hardwired to the router.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @LittleRoadEstatr, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your Sonos system, So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.