Answered

music stop because not correctly coded

• 20 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a question. When listening to music, the sonos app (on my imac) stops the music and tells me that my title (the song) is not correctly or properly coded. It’s been doing that for two days now whatever song is on. Somebody has an idea what is happening?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 August 2022, 07:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There are two potential things that might cause this. One is the song is not properly encoded in the supported audio formats . The other, oddly enough, is wifi interference between the speakers and your router, just enough where the ‘header’ of the data file is corrupt when it is sent to the player on the speaker. 

Badge

Thanks for the answer

Sorry for the multiple thread. Didn’t see the thread appearing and thought I did something wrong so I repeated. As for the topic, isn’t strange that the file format was ok for so long and then suddenly goes wrong? I will try to find if there is interference but it’s kind of difficult to figure it out. Since the problem occured, I checked  dozens of time with Speed test for the power of the Wifi and it always shows around 350 or 400 Mbps on my mac who is right between  my two Sonos One and further than my Sub. So I figured it shouldn’t be the problem. But maybe I am wrong with that assumption? However, I use Deezer but is it me or I see a number of threads of people experiencing the same problem and with different streaming services (Apple, Spotify and others) so it might not be related to the streaming services?

Salute

Christ

It depends on the streamer, it’s alway possible, although unlikely, that they have ‘updated’ the copy of the file. But I would expect it rather unlikely. I’d be seriously looking at some sort of interference between your speakers and your router, just at the moment that data is trying to be transferred. 

Speedtest checks the speed between your Mac and the outside world. I’ve never seen it check the speed between your router and the speakers, which is where I think the concern is.

Hopefully that link I provided takes you to the French version of the FAQ for easier assimilation/reading in your native tongue. I’m afraid it has been 55 years since I left Paris, and I was never a native speaker….my French has left me.

But, certainly the first step I would take isn’t really covered in that FAQ. I’d do a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reload its software, then plug back in your Sonos devices, and give them a couple of minutes to reload their OS before testing. Then, if that doesn’t help (and it won’t hurt, certainly), then move on to the items in that FAQ. Pay attention not only to devices inside your network, but also items outside. In two cases I’ve had, there has been a failing/bad microwave that caused issues, and then a new neighbor, who’s router was set up on the same channel I was using, and caused occasional hiccups for my speakers. It wasn’t fun tracking that one down.

Bonne chance! Remember, there is always the option to get Sonos support involved by submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it.

Badge

Thanks, I will check for interferences. If something comes up I will go back here. Thanks again!

Christian