Question

Music starts when I Get a phone call

• 18 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Every time I receive a phone call when, the music starts on my only Sonos speaker. I can be in the house or miles away, but the music starts!

4 replies

I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

As a guess, you may have set up an IFTTT which is prompting the music to play. There's nothing in the Sonos software that would allow you to set this up.
Thanks Bruce, what's an IFTTT? The only non-standard thing I've done is to install a menu bar controller on my Mac. I'll try quitting this and see if this is the cause.
If This Then That is a macros system that allows you to do certain things by triggering apps depending on states that you set up. It's pretty much the only way I'm semi-familiar with to get anything like you're describing.

Since you obviously don't have it, sure, I'd try removing that menu bar controller, but I don't have high hopes. Have a friend call you so that you make the Sonos start playing, and then submit that diagnostic. There should be something in the diagnostic data that tells Sonos what is triggering the system. And please, keep us posted, it would be educational for the rest of us, too 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'll guess Spotify is responsible. Its the only thing that can be on your phone when you are away from home that knows how to communicate with your Sonos system remotely.