Answered

Music starts playing when a TV is turned on

• 31 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi, we've been noticing this issue for the past few weeks: when a TV is turned on, unrelated rooms that are also not grouped with the TV may begin playing music.

Here is a Diagnostic captured a minute or two after the issue occured: 605248757

We have 3 tvs in the house, each has either a Beam or an Arc.

To reproduce this occasional problem:

1. Make sure all Sonos products are not playing any audio.

2. Turn on a TV that is connected to either a Beam or an Arc.

3. Observe the connected product will properly begin playing TV audio, but other products will begin playing music.

Let me know if you need any more info, thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 July 2021, 13:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

@kayoti 

You may ‘perhaps’ find it quicker to speak with Sonos Support via this LINK, as this is mainly a Sonos user-community and even though Staff do pickup on some posts here, there is no guarantee that might happen, particularly during weekends.

However, have you considered rebooting your router/local-network and/or power-cycling your Sonos devices to see if that resolves the issue? - it may just save you some time by giving that a try first.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths for both of these suggestions and the quick response!

Same issue. @kayoti were you able to find the cause of this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey djn..

I did not find the cause, but have apparently fixed the issue. 

We performed a factory reset on all of our Google devices, wifi, and Sonos devices, created a new Google home, created a new Sonos system, and set everything up fresh on a new WiFi ssid.  Probably overkill, but I only wanted to have to spend time doing this once so I swung big.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hey djn..

I did not find the cause, but have apparently fixed the issue. 

We performed a factory reset on all of our Google devices, wifi, and Sonos devices, created a new Google home, created a new Sonos system, and set everything up fresh on a new WiFi ssid.  Probably overkill, but I only wanted to have to spend time doing this once so I swung big.

NB Do NOT factory reset your Sonos devices unless a) Directed by Sonos or you are willing to lose ALL your settings in Sonos