Answered

Music Skipping or Stopping When Playing From iPhone 7

• 19 October 2018
  • 3 replies

My music is randomly skipping to another song or stopping all together and showing an error message (Unable to Play XX. The connection was lost). I've already tried to change the channel on my router and none of the suggestions work. Hard wiring my speakers is not an option. I have 2 PLAY:1 and issue occurs on both. This happens when playing music located on my iPhone 7.

BTW, the "Contact Customer Care" link to "Contact Us" goes to a dead link (https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/ask).

Diagnostic #: 1368269781
icon

Best answer by Chris 19 October 2018, 22:28

Your playing music that resides on the phone or via airplay or something … more info on what your playing would help.

I would try on iPhone 7 on its setting delete you wifi (forget network) reboot router and sonos and add wifi back to phone (even see if can connect to a 5ghz signal vs. regular). See if that helps.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your playing music that resides on the phone or via airplay or something … more info on what your playing would help.

I would try on iPhone 7 on its setting delete you wifi (forget network) reboot router and sonos and add wifi back to phone (even see if can connect to a 5ghz signal vs. regular). See if that helps.
Yes, the music I am trying to play is on my phone. Same thing happens when my wife tries to play music from her phone. So I doubt deleting the networking info on my phone and reconnecting would work. I have tried rebooting my router several times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Deleting and readding WiFi clears up network issues the phones get on iOS updates etc. it is good practice and has been known to cause issues.