Question

Music Services - Cannot Add to Queue

• 7 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have been a happy Sonos customer since 2013. In the past few months I have been having intermittent issues getting music services to work. I've had more than my fair share of "cannot add to queue" and other errors of the like. This has been extremely frustrating. One sonos tech on the phone suggested my 6 year old bridge was failing - so I use a wired connection via my soundbar now. I'm still getting these issues connecting to music services.

The only fix has been to reset my router/gateway.

While I've read people say modems and cordless phones cause interference, I have had these devices next to my bridge for years and this issue has only started this summer. HELP! I paid thousands for all my speakers - this isn't acceptable.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have been a happy Sonos customer since 2013. In the past few months I have been having intermittent issues getting music services to work. I've had more than my fair share of "cannot add to queue" and other errors of the like. This has been extremely frustrating. One sonos tech on the phone suggested my 6 year old bridge was failing - so I use a wired connection via my soundbar now. I'm still getting these issues connecting to music services.

The only fix has been to reset my router/gateway.

While I've read people say modems and cordless phones cause interference, I have had these devices next to my bridge for years and this issue has only started this summer. HELP! I paid thousands for all my speakers - this isn't acceptable.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It doesn't sound to me like wireless interference. Rebooting your router wouldn't help if that were the only issue. It sounds to me more like there's a networking issue, perhaps IP address conflicts. You shouldn't have to reboot your router often. If you're able, try setting reserved IP addresses for your Sonos units and various other networked devices. This will help prevent any conflicts, which could be the reason your system isn't connecting to music services.

Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number. I'll take a look and see what your Sonos units are reporting.
Badge
Incidentally these problems started when i upgraded to the XB6 Gateway from Comcast. So, perhaps the old gateway and sonos played together nicer than this one.

I just set up reserved IP addresses for my speakers. Also just ran diag: confirm 504323261.