Answered

Music Services are not working

I have been having trouble getting my spotify and apple music services to work with Sonos. Either it says it cannot add to the queue or it says it c"it cannot play "song" because it cannot connect to the service. I can however play the Radio by TuneIn. Because I was having these difficulties I have removed Spotify but now it not allowing me to add it back to Sonos. I have generated a diagnostic and the number is 419525857. I have an Orbi. It is very frustrating!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 February 2019, 22:24

Hudson2576 wrote:

I have been having trouble getting my spotify and apple music services to work with Sonos. Either it says it cannot add to the queue or it says it c"it cannot play "song" because it cannot connect to the service. I can however play the Radio by TuneIn. Because I was having these difficulties I have removed Spotify but now it not allowing me to add it back to Sonos. I have generated a diagnostic and the number is 419525857. I have an Orbi. It is very frustrating!

Hi Hudson2576,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see that your speakers are occasionally losing connection to your wireless network. This is likely due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same wireless channel as your Orbi. It looks like you have a couple other networks in your home. The Sonos system can connect to a mesh network system like your Orbi network, but only if all of the access points are putting out the same wireless network name, wireless channel, and password. Try moving your Orbi network over to channel 11, and leave the other networks on their current channel. This should reduce interference between them and may help with your Sonos system.

Another option is to switch your Sonos system over to the Boost setup. By wiring in any one of your Sonos units with an ethernet cable to your Orbi hub, the Sonos system will switch to its own mesh network. You can change the wireless channel of the Sonos mesh to reduce interference from other nearby networks.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
Hudson2576 wrote:

Hi Hudson2576,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see that your speakers are occasionally losing connection to your wireless network. This is likely due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same wireless channel as your Orbi. It looks like you have a couple other networks in your home. The Sonos system can connect to a mesh network system like your Orbi network, but only if all of the access points are putting out the same wireless network name, wireless channel, and password. Try moving your Orbi network over to channel 11, and leave the other networks on their current channel. This should reduce interference between them and may help with your Sonos system.

Another option is to switch your Sonos system over to the Boost setup. By wiring in any one of your Sonos units with an ethernet cable to your Orbi hub, the Sonos system will switch to its own mesh network. You can change the wireless channel of the Sonos mesh to reduce interference from other nearby networks.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings