Music Resuming upon auto ungroup

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

When I have the whole house grouped together, or groups that include an autoplay component, when these leave the group to play their autoplay source the rest of the speakers will resume whatever was paused.

This also happened when I was trueplay tuning a play:3, it split off the group to be tuned, and the music resumed everywhere else, whilst I was trying to tune!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi @ashleywntr

I did have a go at trying to reproduce the issue you have mentioned here… here are my steps:

1. I grouped 11 Sonos Rooms (all except my Living Room as the Wife was watching TV) and I played a single Amazon Music playlist to the ‘group’ - see first screenshot from my iPad controller.
  2. I then paused the music on the entire group and went to the Sonos App settings and trueplay tuned one of the rooms in the group called ‘Back Bedroom’ - a Sonos Play:1 -  see second screenshot. 
  3. After TruePlay tuning the speaker it shows as separated from the main group - but the remaining (10 Rooms) did not start playing the original audio (Amazon playlist). - see last screenshot. 

I did actually try these steps twice, but can’t get the group to play when I trueplay tune one of the members of the paused group. 

My thoughts are to perhaps try a reboot of your router and Sonos products and see if that maybe resolves your issue.

Hope that info helps (a little).👍

Thank you for taking a good look @Ken_Griffiths. I’ve done some digging and it may be a problem with the BT Smart Hub that I have. This was widely reported beforehand but seemingly forgot when I decided to become a customer!