Answered

Music not playing despite App functioning

• 12 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I have a Sonos Play 5 (old version). I use it with the windows 10 app and android app.

In both cases, they both find the system and when I play a song, both apps show that the song is playing but no sound comes out of the speaker. Any ideas how to solve this?? I have been using Sonos for several years now and have never experienced this kind of trouble.

PS: My router settings have not been changed and the internet is working perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by AdrianGG 13 January 2019, 00:35

So, a couple of things.

First, try a power cycle of both your router and the PLAY:5 speaker.

Then grab a pair of headphones, and plug them in to the headphone jack in the back of the PLAY:5, and see if you can hear music playing through the headphones. If so, then I'd submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Thanks for the reply. Issue solved and it was just a dumb mistake on our part, My daughter plugged an auxiliar cable on the headphone jack and i didnt notice, thats why no sound was coming out,

Thanks,
View original

3 replies

So, a couple of things.

Then grab a pair of headphones, and plug them in to the headphone jack in the back of the PLAY:5, and see if you can hear music playing through the headphones. If so, then I'd submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
So, a couple of things.

Thanks for the reply. Issue solved and it was just a dumb mistake on our part, My daughter plugged an auxiliar cable on the headphone jack and i didnt notice, thats why no sound was coming out,

Thanks,
Heh. I wouldn't have thought of that either. Glad you got it figured out.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings