Music not playing

• 5 June 2018
  • 3 replies

A few weeks ago, my Sonos system stopped working. When I try to play either an individual song or a Pandora station, the screen displays a load icon and then says that the music cannot be played. For individual songs, the error message displayed is 1002 or 701, but there is no message for Pandora. I have checked my network repeatedly and plugged the speakers into my router, but the white light continues to blink slowly when I press play.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, ballardwf. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
I tried, but when I click the button it loads and then says "Cannot submit diagnostics at this time. Please try again later." I have tried this multiple times over the course of a few weeks and it still does not work.
That's a good indicator that your Sonos system is having a hard time seeing the outside world. Have you tried rebooting your router?