Question

Music Library will not install

• 10 December 2016
  • 1 reply

I have a Buffalo external hard drive connected to the USB port on my Asus RT-AC87U Router so I can access my iTunes dir with my computer off. It worked fine about 2 yrs ago, but I can not get it to work now. I can access the Buffalo drive from my computer and play music, but when I try to create a SONOS library SONOS delivers the message "Unable to add music folder", "The Computer RT-AC87U-0720 (my router) refuses to let SONOS connect to in". I turned off the firewall in the router and on my computer, but it still did not work. Anyone run into this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Buffalo external hard drive connected to the USB port on my Asus RT-AC87U Router so I can access my iTunes dir with my computer off. It worked fine about 2 yrs ago, but I can not get it to work now. I can access the Buffalo drive from my computer and play music, but when I try to create a SONOS library SONOS delivers the message "Unable to add music folder", "The Computer RT-AC87U-0720 (my router) refuses to let SONOS connect to in". I turned off the firewall in the router and on my computer, but it still did not work. Anyone run into this problem?

Hi Vaporman,

It sounds like there's a permission error when your Sonos is trying to connect to your router's storage drive. Please check the user name and password settings on that share to make sure you're using the correct info when setting things up in Sonos.

If that doesn't help, please send a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.