Question

Music library settings grayed out

• 7 December 2016
  • 1 reply

I've had this Sonos system for a year or so and everything was great. My wife wanted to access her music library on her Mac and the library settings are grayed out and won't let her do anything. MY Windows machine seemed OK but now the Update Library Settings are also grayed out.
I don't mess with her Mac much and I seem to have been good at getting Sonos to run on both our machines but now I'm baffled.
I probably upset the apple cart by removing the system and now adding the two Play1 and connect appliances from scratch.
I've added some songs to a playlist but she can do nothing except use the playlist I created and cannot create one of her own.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

First, check for updates. If your software is out of date with the firmware on the players, you will lose some settings functions. Next, see this link:

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/software/release/7-0

At the bottom are the OS requirements. Anything below Windows®: Windows 7 or macOS: 10.9 will only be partially supported, and the Settings menus will be grayed out.