Answered

Music library on MacBook Pro NOT accessible

• 17 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I have successfully installed my new device ‘Connect’ (Serial No. D102 1909CP *redacted*), and it is working well. 
On my Apple iPad, I can stream music from different radio stations to my amplifier and loudspeakers. 
However, my music library is on my Apple MacBook Pro, but I cannot play any music from my music library. 
Sonos website says ‘install the MacOs app, then …’. But on the Apple store there is NO MacOs app to download. 
Can you please help by telling me what to do to play music from my MacBook Library? 
With advanced thanks, Hamid Radjy
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 April 2021, 00:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Look on the Sonos website for the Mac app, not the Apple store. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/downloads?

Userlevel 7

@hradjy If you are running an older OS and don’t have access to the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac, you can also add your music library through the iOS Sonos app. You just need to know the path to your music library which is usually \\ComputerName\Music.

Thank you to GuitarSuperstar and to Airgetlam for your helpful messages. 

Thanks to you two, I have now resolved my problem: I can stream music from my MacBook Pro music library, and enjoy high-quality music.