Question

Music Library.

• 24 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Since wirelessly connecting my speakers directly to my network router, I haven’t been able to connect to my music library on my pc.  I get error message saying my pc isn’t responding.  I also connected a usb thumb drive containing my music to my router and tried to access it without success.  I must be doing something wrong.  Please advise how I can resolve this issue.  Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dwschof, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your Music Library on Sonos. About this issue, I’ll be asking some questions to further check on this concern.

• Are you using a Windows or a Mac computer?
  • Have you tried to check this link about Error on using Music Library?  and If you see a “not responding” error when using your music library.
  • Kindly check this link for some troubleshooting about music library.
  • I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

I am using Windows 10.  Firewall settings allow Sonos to access computer.  Laptop is awake and connected to WiFi.  I submitted diagnostic report.  I can insert thumb drive with music library installed on my Verizon Fios router if that would be easier.  I just need some instruction how to determine path and login info.  Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dwschof, thanks for the update. And for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. may we know the diagnostic number or If you don't have it anymore. Kindly re-run it so we can check what could be the issue. Or what I can suggest, because they have better remote access to this type of concern. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote access with your device controller so that they can check on the right path and what could be blocking the adding of your music library to Sonos. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Diagnostic confirm number is 404267922

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dwschof, thanks for the update and for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, the Music library is not yet added because it still shows zero songs on it. only music services are showing that were added to the report. For instructions and further troubleshooting assistance.  I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote access with your device controller so that they can check on the right path and login info to your PC controller. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

I had one of your support folks check things out yesterday afternoon and he wasn’t able to connect to my library.  It seems ever since Sonos made its major systemic changes last Spring or whenever it was, I have been unable to connect to my music library.  I think I have about given up.  I will have to live with what is now an inferior product from my perspective.

Is there a way to connect to my music in ICloud or OneDrive?  I do not want to subscribe to Apple Music.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dwschof, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that our phone support team was not able to connect your songs to your Library. About your question on connecting your iCloud or Onedrive on Sonos, I'm afraid that wouldn’t be possible, You may connect external hard drives or NAS drives as alternatives. You may check this link for more information on connecting NAS on Sonos.