Answered

Music jumping from speaker to speaker and cutting out

• 4 October 2018
  • 1 reply

I have multiple Sonos speakers (27) in my house and in about 12 different rooms. I've been having the problem with music jumping from speaker to speaker in each room when I try to play in all rooms and even cutting out at times. I have the Sonos boost but it is still having this problem. It happens when playing music from my iPad, Apple Music, and Spotify. It only seems to clear up when using Pandora. Ive tried changing between channel 1, 6, and 11 but it hasn't completely fixed the problem. How can I fix this problem? I ran a diagnostic report and the confirmation number is 18793687.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 5 October 2018, 00:25

You could try the old standby of assigning static/reserved IP addresses to each Sonos device, and rebooting the router then each Sonos to pick up the new addresses. Don't know that it would help but if nothing else it will help you avoid other issues that seem to pop up with dynamic IP assignment.

With that many devices you might want to see if you can run Ethernet to more than just the Boost, I'd give priority to the ones you use as coordinators most often.

While waiting for support you could post a screenshot of your network matrix and see if anyone here has any suggestions based on it. With that many you might need to do it in sections as well as the over-all screenshot for legibility of the text portions.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You could try the old standby of assigning static/reserved IP addresses to each Sonos device, and rebooting the router then each Sonos to pick up the new addresses. Don't know that it would help but if nothing else it will help you avoid other issues that seem to pop up with dynamic IP assignment.

With that many devices you might want to see if you can run Ethernet to more than just the Boost, I'd give priority to the ones you use as coordinators most often.

While waiting for support you could post a screenshot of your network matrix and see if anyone here has any suggestions based on it. With that many you might need to do it in sections as well as the over-all screenshot for legibility of the text portions.