Answered

Music drops on my Play5

Badge

Hi!
I’ve tried to get some answer on this question many times.
Today I am listening on radio stations on my Play5 and music drops like every 5min.
FYI. I started the day by rebooting the system.
My Connect Amp and Play 5 is ethernet hardwired, so wifi interference should not be the problem.

What can I do?

Diagnostic is sent: 562884770.

/Lemmy

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 August 2021, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Connect:Amp and Play:5 from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router. Also reboot your phone.

Badge

Try unplugging the Connect:Amp and Play:5 from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router. Also reboot your phone.

As I said, I started my day by power off the units, reboot. After 1h music drops

/L

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You didn’t say you left the units powered down; just that you rebooted. Unplug everything for a few minutes. Restart the router and wait for it to fully restart. Then power up your speakers. Try that and let us know how it goes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If the problem continues, please see my post here: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Badge

You didn’t say you left the units powered down; just that you rebooted. Unplug everything for a few minutes. Restart the router and wait for it to fully restart. Then power up your speakers. Try that and let us know how it goes. 

Hi!
I did a complete power down on all sonos products and router.
The problem is still there.

I also checked all other connected devices and there is no conflict that they are using the same IP address.

Thanks
Lemmy

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi!

I also checked all other connected devices and there is no conflict that they are using the same IP address.

Thanks
Lemmy

How did you check for duplicate IP addresses across your complete home network - the router won’t show this! Have you reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices?

Badge

Hi!

Thanks
Lemmy

How did you check for duplicate IP addresses across your complete home network - the router won’t show this! Have you reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices?

Hi!
I have a very few other devices connected and they have static ip-addresses, not in the dhcp range.

/L

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What speed does www.fast.com show?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lemmy 

Thanks for your post!

Please disable Crossfade and Shuffle while playing - does that improve playback on the Play:5? If not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly.

Badge

What speed does www.fast.com show?

170 Mbit/sec

Badge

Hi @Lemmy 

Thanks for your post!

Please disable Crossfade and Shuffle while playing - does that improve playback on the Play:5? If not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly.

Hi!
I will give it a try.

THanks

/L