Question

Music Dropping Out When Adding Additional Speakers

• 24 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have a fairly robust Sonos setup. Eight or so rooms of speakers... all connected back to a Sonos Bridge which is hard wired to my router. System is in Mesh mode.

When playing .Flac files, single, double or triple rooms seems to work just fine. Adding additional rooms above that, the music at all speakers drops out and becomes intermittent.

I am hoping to get alternative configuration advice on how to keep this from happening.

Would adding an additional bridge assist? I prefer not to hard wire any speaker since that defeats the key characteristic of Sonos.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel? Have you tried building the group starting from a different room? The first room has the job of fetching the stream and distributing it to the other group members. The choice of 'group coordinator' can have an impact on performance.

Bridges have a history of failing power supplies. A reduced voltage can result in intermittent connectivity problems. As a temporary measure, try setting the Bridge aside and wiring a player instead. If the situation improves, you can replace the Bridge with a Boost whilst maintaining the rest of your current configuration. (Replacing the PSU is another option, but Bridge is old technology and deprecated nowadays.)

If you're unable to resolve things, submit a diagnostic and post the confirmation number.