Answered

Multiroom stream with Spotify

• 25 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi all,

I've been having issues to stream different music to different rooms with my Spotify account. At the beggining I thought it was because I started the music from voice control but now it happens whether I start streaming from the sonos app or from spotify connect. It just stop the music on the other room and indicates that the account is already on use. I have a spotify premium account and this was never an issue before. Any tips to solve it?? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Fouve 26 April 2021, 02:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

When you group rooms, you see this in the Spotify app list of target rooms as the first room name + 1 or 2 or more. When you select that target music starts on all the Sonos rooms.

Are you sure that Spotify is not being used else where at the time you do this selection?

Yes, I can see the groups in the spotify app and they all start when I stream music. The problem is that I can only stream to one group or speaker, the moment I stream to another group while the first one is playing it shuts it off.

I also disconneted all devices from Spotify and left only the sonos app and the Spotify app in the phone.

Tried to disconnect google assistant but the problem persists.

Badge

There’s a thread created 4 days ago for this. It’s happening to everyone. Looks like we sit tight until we hear more from Sonos. If Spotify made changes, I’m dropping them right away. Only reason I have Spotify. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

There’s a thread created 4 days ago for this. It’s happening to everyone. Looks like we sit tight until we hear more from Sonos. If Spotify made changes, I’m dropping them right away. Only reason I have Spotify. 

Adding a link to my thread a few days a go: Playing different Spotify content in different rooms no longer working

balle3201

Thank you, both!!

Ahh I see. You want to stream different music to different rooms, not grouped play of the same music to different rooms.

I don't know if the first was ever possible in my Spotify premium account. As the only user, I suppose the need never arose. 

On some research on the Spotify site, I see that unless one has a family plan, one can play only to one device at a time. So I don't know how something else was possible in the past with Spotify.

Badge

Just confirmed that this is now working again!