Answered

Multiple Users

My partner has downloaded the Sonos Controller to her phone to use our Sonos One. I already use the Sonos Controller on my phone. Whilst my partner can connect to my account, whenever she tried to play any music on Tidal, via the Sonos Controller, she receives an error message that the connection to Tidal was lost. Music continues to play fine via my phone.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 2 July 2018, 21:58

Hi there, Mpa1991. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are listening to Tidal on your phone, while your partner is attempting to play Tidal on Sonos, you are likely hitting a stream limit. The session you have running on your phone counts as one stream while playing Tidal on Sonos is another stream. Most personal subscriptions only allow for one stream.

Hope you find this helpful!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Mpa1991. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you are listening to Tidal on your phone, while your partner is attempting to play Tidal on Sonos, you are likely hitting a stream limit. The session you have running on your phone counts as one stream while playing Tidal on Sonos is another stream. Most personal subscriptions only allow for one stream.

Hope you find this helpful!
Similar problem. I’m the primary user. When my son visited he could use the Sonos but when I try to use Sonos I get a message that it must be launched from his phone and I cannot use Sonos?