Answered

Multiple Sonos One SL Constantly Cutting Out

We have a small restaurant/cafe that I’ve installed 6 Sonos One SL speakers in. The room is one big square, with all speakers having a clear line of sight to one another. They are about 15ft apart from one another on each side of the room, and about 30ft apart from side to side. They are on a dedicated network (VLAN) with one of the speakers being wired direct. Since day one we have had issues where the speakers cut out, multiple speakers at a time, and then come back in at different intervals. Sometimes this actually happens in a particular pattern between the speakers. It’s absolutely nauseating to our guests and no matter what I try I can’t seem to get it to stop happening. It doesn’t matter what the music source, volume, or group of speakers is being used. The only remedy is to stop music completely, play it again to ONE of the six speakers, and then start playing it to the group again. This does not work every time.

Is there a way to look at diagnostics? It seems like it’s an issue with the SonosNET mesh network not being able to sync up. Do I have too many speakers? Is there a limit?

Thank you so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by ratty 3 June 2022, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Six speakers is a very modest system (the limit is 32 devices) but interference could well be to blame. That and the fact that humans, being mostly water, are very effective at obstructing 2.4GHz wireless. 

I recommend you submit a system diagnostic (via Settings/Support in the controller app), note the confirmation number, and contact Sonos Support. 

If you fancy doing some troubleshooting of your own, this thread may be of use:

As a basic first step, you could of course try selecting alternative SonosNet channels. 

Hey @ratty thank you for the quick reply! I will definitely try to switch up the channels. The speakers are about 16-18ft above people’s heads, but I do understand the concern there.