Moving Sonos one to another room

• 5 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently set up a Sonos system in my living room that consists of an Arc, a Sub (Gen 3), and two Sonos One’s. Yesterday I had to update the firmware of my router as it was having connectivity issues, and the speakers disconnected after the update. I updated the WiFi the system was connected to via the Sonos app, and all the speakers were able to successfully reconnect except for one of the Sonos One’s. I reset the Sonos one by holding the button on the back down until it flashed green, and the set it up through the Sonos one app. When it asked what room to add it to, I chose the “Living Room” which the other 3 products are a part of. However, for some reason it added to its own new Living Room, called “Living Room 2”. How do I get this Sonos One speaker added to the existing Living Room with the other 3 speakers?

3 replies

If you have not already done so, shut down everything on your network, then restart the router first. Go to the Livingroom ARC and remove the surrounds if any are shown, then add surrounds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You might avoid this issue in the future if you use your router’s DHCP page to assign all your Sonos devices static/reserved IP addresses followed by powering them down, rebooting the router and powering them back up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you tell us what three speakers are already in your Sonos “Living room”? Because since a room in Sonos means a fixed set of speakers once you’ve already set up that fixed set (a soundbar with two surrounds for example) you cannot add another speaker to it.