Question

Movie doesn't work?

• 10 December 2016
  • 9 replies

So my tv shows and also the traillers/previews before movies work but once i hit start DVD it makes an odd noise from the playbar and then no sound from the dvd. any clue? thanks everyone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

This solved the issue. Thank you John
Thanks. Then what I said applies.
From tv I have optical to sound bar and HDMI in going to blu ray. And hdmi out to the tv from the blue ray
Or if the TV can output PCM you should get sound, and a matrixed surround sound, but not the original surround sound.
Still need to know what cables go where... but Sonys tend to pass through what they are given by default. So you need to check if the TV can be set to output DD5.1, or the Blu-ray can convert DTS to DD5.1 on the fly (most Samsungs can, not sure about your Panasonic).
Panasonic blue ray is DMP-BDT210 and Sony XBR-65X850D
The Playbar doesn't support DTS. There are ways around this. How are your TV, Blu-ray and Playbar currently connected? What make and model are your TV and Blu-ray?
So I am trying to view a blue ray video on my Panasonic blue ray player and all I have is DTS options and DVS. Please tell me almost a 2000 set up can play blu ray sound.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So my tv shows and also the traillers/previews before movies work but once i hit start DVD it makes an odd noise from the playbar and then no sound from the dvd. any clue? thanks everyone.

Hi Ross,

What audio format are your DVDs using? The PLAYBAR can play Dolby Digital audio but not DTS audio so you may need to switch audio formats from the language selection in the DVD menu.

You may also need to change the audio output settings on your DVD player and TV.

If you send a diagnostic report while watching a movie, then reply with the confirmation number I can take a look and see what audio format the PLAYBAR Is seeing.