Answered

Moved and now have no wired options for internet

• 15 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I’m sure this has been asked, but I couldn’t find an answer to this.

I previous was living in a place with my own internet, modem and router. I just moved and the unit I’m moving to shares internet with the unit upstairs where the WiFi router is, so now have no wired options available to me.

I need to update my play de, Sonos 5 and two sonos 1’s to the new internet via WiFi. Is this possible? If so how do I do it?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 17 July 2018, 01:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Similar issue here. I have a wireless broadband device and cannot do a 'setup' with an ethernet cable - have even tried using a micro usb (in wireless broadband device) to ethernet (in Sonos) adapter but it is not recognising that is is plugged into a Sonos device. Anyone achieved this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you don't have access to an ethernet port in order to switch your speakers to a new wireless network, you'll need to factory reset them and go through the initial setup. You'll have to set your music services up again, but once that's done you should be up and running.
That worked.
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
That worked.
Thanks!

That's great news. Please let me know if you have any further issues.