Answered

Move shows as offline in Sonos App when toggled to bluetooth

• 11 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all

I’ve read through various threads but can’t find a similar issue the one I’m expereincing.

My Move has been working fine, toggling between Bluetooth and Wi-fi as and when required until yesterday and I can think of no reason why what I’m able to describe has happened so any suggestions for a fix would b e greatly appreciated as it’s severly hampering my ability to have music playing in my garden which is my sanctuary during locakdown!

1. Sonos works in wi-fi mode as seen in picture 1 and 2 
  2. When I switch to Bluetooth Move shows the Blue light but the app says Move offline as in pics 3 & 4 
  3. On iTunes and Spotify the Sonos shows as connected and I can play music through the airplay etc system and it shows as connected on my iPhone as per photos 5 & 6 
  4. It doesn’t show up on my Macbook though in the Bluetooth appliances 
  5. I’ve powered down, repaired etc and still in Bluetooth mode, I cannot access the Sonos Move in the Sonos App so I can’t play music from the App (if I want to have a radio statin for example). I cannot work this out as to what has caused this or what the solution might be. Am I being stupid here? Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 11 April 2020, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It doesn’t show in the Sonos App because it’s not online through WiFi. I believe this is how it’s supposed to work. 

You can see and play music from your phone because that is what it is connected to. You need to disconnect the phone from the speaker or return the mode to WiFi using the button on the back of the move to be control the move through the Sonos app. 

Badge

It doesn’t show in the Sonos App because it’s not online through WiFi. I believe this is how it’s supposed to work. 

You can see and play music from your phone because that is what it is connected to. You need to disconnect the phone from the speaker or return the mode to WiFi using the button on the back of the move to be control the move through the Sonos app. 

Thanks for replying bockersjv. So does this mean I can’t access any other service that are on the Sonos App? I’m thinking of Tunedin particularly? I’d need to download each app onto my phone and use through that? I have Music and Spotify but also use Mixcloud, Soundcloud and listen to (UK) radio, Bandcamp etc. I don’t think I’ve tried to use other service providers on Move before so this might explain my confusion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes you’re correct. In Bluetooth mode it is effectively just a dumb bt speaker so will only connect to another bt device. So if you want to play anything music/radio/podcasts etc you need that app on your bt transmitting device, which in your case is the phone.

In Bluetooth mode just think of it as an extension of your phone speaker. 

why don’t you just switch it to Wifi mode?  Or is it out of reach of your WiFi?

Badge

Ah, that makes sense now bockersjv thank you. Yes, Wi-fi doesn’t quite reach to the end of the garden! Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!