Question

Move not turning on.

• 24 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Move has worked fine for several months and has just stopped working altogether.  No LED lights are on.  I have tried the reboot, plugging into a regular outlet, etc.  All I’m getting is a solid red light on the lower front LED that goes out after a few seconds of sitting on the charging ring.  Move does not appear in my app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mjhrtmnn.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

First off, let us verify the Move’s status. Ensure that Move's power contacts are sitting snug with the charging knobs on the cradle. When connected, Move's LED on the front should light up. The LED will remain amber for about 10 seconds and then turn off. Move will continue charging.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the Move is on the charging cradle, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the device, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Confirmation # 1401653069

While waiting for a response, I purchased a USB-C cable yesterday and plugged it in thinking that maybe the charging ring was bad.  It has been plugged in for 24 hours now.  I followed your instructions and put the Move back onto the charging ring.  Again, I had a brief red light on the front LED which then went out.  The difference now is that the top LED is white and remaining on.  My controller now sees Move and shows it with 0% Battery.

Just checked the controller and it is now up to 11% battery.  I will keep an eye on it hoping that it was just a charging glitch.  I am surprised, however, that the USB-C cord did not charge it fully.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mjhrtmnn.

Thanks for your response and update.

It’s good to know that we seem to be getting progress here, I see on the diagnostic that the Move’s battery level is at 96% already.

Getting a solid white LED light is a good sign, for it is an indication that Sonos product is powered up and functioning properly.

You may refer to this article that provides information on how to charge Sonos Move with the charging base and 3rd party USB-C cables.

Please keep us posted, and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.