Question

Move not going into standby

• 30 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a Move I use in my shower.  When I’m done showering, I stop the music playback on the Move.  When I come back the next day, the Move has drained the battery.  I’ve learned to just power the Move off when I’m done now, but this apparently isn’t necessary from what I’ve read in the forum about how the Move should have a 5-day battery life when it’s inactive.  I’m definitely not seeing this.

Is there some kind of setting I’m not aware of that needs to be set to enable the standby mode behavior?

Any insights are appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @hthompson94.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Move’s battery will last for up to 11 hours of uninterrupted playback at a moderate volume. Pausing, volume level, Bluetooth, heat exposure, and other factors will cause battery life to fluctuate. If left off the charging base and unused, the battery will last about 120 hours.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have a Move I use in my shower.  When I’m done showering, I stop the music playback on the Move.  When I come back the next day, the Move has drained the battery.  I’ve learned to just power the Move off when I’m done now, but this apparently isn’t necessary from what I’ve read in the forum about how the Move should have a 5-day battery life when it’s inactive.  I’m definitely not seeing this.

Is there some kind of setting I’m not aware of that needs to be set to enable the standby mode behavior?

Any insights are appreciated.

There is no setting to enable or disable the automatic switching of the Move into standby mode. If the Move is off the base and audio is stopped then the Move should automatically go into standby after a few mins. I suggest that you submit a diagnostic after 5 mins of stopping the audio on the Move. Please post the number in this thread.