Move issue

• 27 January 2021
  • 4 replies

My Move works great if it's already playing something when I take it off its dock. But once I stop the play, it won't be visible on the app again until it's back on the dock. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @John_351

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern.

To help you out with this, I'd like to ask a few questions.

• When your Sonos Move is not on the charging base, what's the light status? Are you getting a solid white light or blinking orange light?
  • Do you get a flashing red on the battery light?
  • Have you tried rebooting your Sonos Move?
    • Take Move off the charging base.
    • Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
    • Wait for 15 seconds before you power it back on.

After checking the steps above, open the Sonos app and see if your Sonos Move is showing in the app then run a diagnostic report. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to find out the cause.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks for your reply. To answer in turn:

Off of the dock, the light status is solid white whilst it is still playing, but the light disappears once the playback is stopped.

The battery light is not flashing red, indeed the battery level shows plentiful once back on the dock.

I have tried the reboot - no change

confirmation no. 2143016587

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @John_351

Thanks for your response and for updating us. Let me share some information with you. 

The Sonos Move will automatically enter sleep mode after 30 minutes of inactivity. Sonos Move can now support up to 11 hours of continuous playtime on battery. The battery should last about three years or 900 charges. When Sonos Move is running low on battery, the power LED pulses orange. When using WiFi, you can check the battery life by looking in the Sonos app.

The diagnostic report detected audio drop out due to sync errors that may cause audio playback. These are network-related issues that you can start your troubleshooting by rebooting all your network and Sonos devices to refresh the connection.

To further help you with your Sonos Move, I recommend contacting our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device to further look into this. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to provide the best option for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.