Move cuts out when playing vinyl over Port

• 25 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey there,

I recently set up a Sonos system (four Ones, one Move, one Port) in a friend’s house that uses a router and access point for Wifi. Everything’s working great except when Port is leveraged for vinyl, then Move constantly cuts in and out, while the Ones and my powered speakers (fueled by Port) work fine. What’s weird is this doesn’t happen when all the units are leveraged for streaming. Move is happy to play along then.

Sonos photo support suggested it’s because Move is likely connecting to the access point, while the rest of the system is connecting to the router. But I don’t understand why the same problem (Move cutting out) wouldn’t happen when streaming.

I have increased Delay to Max and Compression (not ideal, but) to Automatic. This helped a little but the dropouts are still happening.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Good call @AjTrek1, thank you. I’ll give it a try and report back.

I also just read elsewhere in the forum that Port Line-In works much better when wired into a router. I’m on the second floor of this house (router/AP are one below, across the house), so that may be the issue.

Userlevel 7

@yearofthebeat

Try removing the AP to see if the issue continues. If not  then the AP is the problem. Let us konw the results.

Cheers!