Question

Move Bluetooth with no private WiFi/setup

• 16 January 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I have a factory reset Move (flashing green) and am unable to set it up due to not having a private network (the wifi I use is a public network with both a username and password required to log in). Since I won’t be able to use it normally due to an inability to set it up, just Bluetooth functionality would be great. Unfortunately, the back switch button for Bluetooth does nothing – presumably because it is not setup.

Is there a way to bypass straight to Bluetooth functionality without the move itself being setup?

And if not, is there anything at all I can do with my Move, or is it just a brick until I can get to a private network?

Thank you so much,

AJ

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do think you need a private network for the set up process. You could go to a friends house to do this, preferably a friend that does not have a Sonos system (as t not mix up anything. Or you could connect a travel router to the public network and make a private netwerk with that.