Answered

Move always missing

Userlevel 2

I have had a Sonos system for years, I’ve got rooms with stereo pairs and a surround sound set up…..everything is Sonos I absolutely love it…..well I did until I got a Move at Christmas, it’s constantly going missing or offline, constantly dropping out and it’s so frustrating and causing issues with the set up. 
I have a wired set up and can’t understand or get to the bottom of why. 
Any advice would be appreciated 

Paul

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 June 2020, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Hi @paulhadcock. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

I would like to investigate why the Move drops out further. Would you be able to provide me with a diagnostic report of your Sonos system? After replying to this post with a confirmation number, I would be happy to take a look.

Userlevel 2

Hi Adam

thanks for the reply, diagnostic number is below, I am getting a bit frustrated with my system at the minute especially after being so happy with it for years, all since the Move has been added.

thanks for help though  

Hi, Any news here?

Same issue with me. SONOS for years. New pair of SONOS MOVE NOT working. Got it working once and now only shows offline when they are off. When I turn them ON, they disappear and when I try to search for missing devices, it fails...

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @azelico.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I would like to take a closer look at your case.

Are you just having issue when you pair your Sonos move to another move?
Can you also submit a diagnostic report for us to see whats going on inside of your network?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi 

I have the same problem with my paired Move. It keeps dropping out every now and then. When played together with other Sonos speakers, there is no sound from the Move, but other Sonos speakers playing music with no problem. Is there some innate problem or issue with the Move product. It is very frustrating to experience this. Please help.

i am using a Google Mesh WiFi.

zentan69

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @zentan69.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Can you also submit a diagnostic report while it's still pared with other Sonos speakers for us to see whats going on inside of your network?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks Mark.

I’ll send the diagnostic report when I next play the Move and other Sonos speakers together .

Thank you.

Regards,

zentan69

Hi Mark,

I have just crated a diagnostic report and submitted. The confirmation number is 420652489.

Please take a look.

My issue with the Move (paired) is that even when I grouped it with my other SONOS speakers (SONOS ONE paired and SONOS Play 1 paired) together, there is no sound from the MOVE paired speakers or there is intermittent music of a few seconds and then dropped dead again.

Please see if there is anything wrong with my MOVE paired speakers? I have no problem with my other SONOS speakers: SONOS ONE, SONOS Play 1, SONOS Play 3, SONOS Play 5.

Thank you.

I am having the same issue. I have had my system for years. Sonos in even room. Got the Move last year and I’ve always had problems with it going offline (sometimes after being moved, other times without being moved at all). Lately, it was been going offline every time I use the system. The only way to get it back is to turn if off and back on. I love my Sonos system, but this is very frustrating. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @zentan69.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community. 

And we’ve checked already the diagnostic report you submitted.

One thing you need to fix in your Sonos speaker is to reduce wireless interference.

This is very important to lessen the speakers to disconnect in your network.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Yep our move is constantly missing or offline from app. I Rang Sonos and spent a good hour or two on phone doing reset and diagnostics, worked for a day or two and then missing from app again.  I will be taking it back for a refund. No use paying for a sometimes speaker.