Answered

Morning alarm "music" did not go off - chime only

• 4 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Is there someone who can look at my diagnostic log and let me know why my radio station would not play?

The log number is 1124229380.  

My alarm is set with the “Office” play 3 as “main” device for the alarm. This SONOS device is connected via ethernet to the system. The rest of the system is connected via SONOS Net.

This morning the alarm was set for 7 AM. At 7 AM I got the SONOS chimes and not my set radio station. I went to the S2 controller and tried to start the radio station and it would not start. I pulled the diagnostics at that time.

I recently replaced my router, and while things were reset fine and things have been working, I am wondering if I have an underlying issue that is only now rearing its head.

icon

Best answer by Ralpfocus 4 March 2021, 22:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

My alarm went off fine this morning - which was irritating because I had forgotten to turn it off ! It could just be that there was a problem with your radio service at that time, the fact that the controller could not connect either slighly supports this. Has the radio service worked since?

A couple of things you could try 1. Try setting some other alarms during the dy and see if they work, 2. sometimes when all the tech has been quiet overnight it takes a little time to wake all the devices up and Sonos resorts to the chime. Some folk set an alarm 5 minutes with a two minute duration before the real alarm (with the volume set to 0) to help wake all the devices up.