Question

more speakers.

• 23 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hey, me and my roommates get two additional speakers up when we’re on Spotify (where we would connect to our Sonos directly from the spotify app). The two speakers are obviously not connected to my user so they don’t show up in my Sonos app. I know it is Sonos speakers as I once by a mistake connected to the speakers and when I opened the Sonos app I was connected to another user (but obviously couldn’t do anything as I needed to log on for further action.) Does this mean that they are using our WiFi? I can connect from Spotify and play from the app and it plays in one of my neighbors apartment. The speakers only show up when I am connected to our WiFi, not if I’m on my 4G. Is there any other reason the speakers would show up?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Aprilll, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your concern on your Sonos speakers, I’ll be asking some questions to further check on this issue. 

• How many total Sonos speakers are we dealing with?
  • Per the Sonos system, you can set it up on one Wifi network. If you have a 2.4 and 5ghz dual-band router, It should show the same Sonos system.
  • Do they have access to your Wifi network and password? You may check it on your router settings or with your ISP to see if what devices are connected to your Wifi network.

I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue and so that we can check the status of the whole Sonos system and which speakers are connected to what Wifi network. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.