Answered

Mobile Device Audio Dropout Troubleshooting

• 17 June 2018
  • 5 replies

I've been having trouble with audio that is played from a phone, such as songs in music library or podcasts. Play seldom completes a track and instead skips to the next one. Pandora (which I believe doesn't stream from the phone) never has any problem. I submitted diagnostic info with ID 1983238537. Could someone please take a look and suggest what I should try?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 2 July 2018, 23:48

Thanks, CC Rider. It seems that the Sonos system is unable to reach your phone to get the content needed in time.

The best way of getting this content to play a bit more reliably would be to have it saved on a computer and then have your music library imported to Sonos. This way, Sonos has a direct connection to it rather than having to talk to the phone.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
HI there, CC Rider. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. When content is played from a mobile device, it requires a clear network free of interference. This is because the phone needs to wirelessly transmit the content to the router and then to Sonos, whereas Pandora serves the content directly to the network and at a much lower bitrate.

I noticed your system is set up to be wireless. If you plug one of your Sonos devices into the router using an Ethernet cable, do the issues persist? While we cannot troubleshoot the connection between your phone and the network, we can at least make sure Sonos has the best connectivity to work with.

Thanks!
Hi Keith, thanks for your response. I did try plugging in one of the components for a few days, but didn't find any difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. With one of the Sonos devices plugged into the network would you mind submitting another diagnostic report and replying here with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help us to remove wireless interference or latency as a factor with this diagnostic report.

Thanks again in advance.
Sure, here are diagnostics with one wired component: 1088728287
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, CC Rider. It seems that the Sonos system is unable to reach your phone to get the content needed in time.

The best way of getting this content to play a bit more reliably would be to have it saved on a computer and then have your music library imported to Sonos. This way, Sonos has a direct connection to it rather than having to talk to the phone.