Question

Mixed Hardwired and WIFI System

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos system with the following components.  The Beam, a Sub and two SL one units.  Starting this past week the system drops connection from the network.  It’s usually only once first thing in the day.  When I look at the Sonos App it says it can’t find the Sonos system.  Sometimes restarting the Beam fixes the issue.  Sometimes not, but if I wait long enough it does reconnect.  The system is currently connected with Wifi.  I was thinking of hardwiring the Beam to the network because there is a drop next to it but I have to keep the sub and SL One units on wifi.  When I hardwire the Beam it does not see the rest of the components.  Is it possible to configure a mixed Wifi and hardwired system or do they all need to connect to the network the same way? 

What could possibly be causing the system to disconnect from the network?  My Wifi is the Google Nest Mesh with the main router and one Point.  The Point is in the same room as the Sonos system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have a Sonos system with the following components.  The Beam, a Sub and two SL one units.  Starting this past week the system drops connection from the network.  It’s usually only once first thing in the day.  When I look at the Sonos App it says it can’t find the Sonos system.  Sometimes restarting the Beam fixes the issue.  Sometimes not, but if I wait long enough it does reconnect.  The system is currently connected with Wifi.  I was thinking of hardwiring the Beam to the network because there is a drop next to it but I have to keep the sub and SL One units on wifi.  When I hardwire the Beam it does not see the rest of the components.  Is it possible to configure a mixed Wifi and hardwired system or do they all need to connect to the network the same way?

Have you disabled the WiFi card on the Beam? If so, re-enable it.

Afterwards remove the WiFi password from your Sonos system. On iOS or Android: From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Networks. Select the WiFi network you'd like to remove, and tap Remove. Subsequently wait about 10 min, then go to 'Settings → System → About my Sonos System' and see if WM:0 is being displayed next to each unit.