Answered

Mixcloud play error

Getting this error when playing from Mixcloud - 

unable to play From the Basement #166 (24 bit). The song is not encoded correctly 

Used to be able to play previously. Any idea what the issue is?

icon

Best answer by RichTed 29 April 2022, 16:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your phone or removing and re-adding Mixcloud in the Sonos app.

Thanks - tried both - same issue….

Gave up with so called Customer Service on chat, whats happened there they just disappear and don’t come back. Service has really gone downhill.

So I’ve come here, I’m having same issue as OP

I play Mixcloud through Android and Windows S2 app, usually for about 5 to 8 hours a day

Never had a problem until I tried to play this

https://www.mixcloud.com/nammcr/aficionado-17th-april-2022/

All other HQ tracks play fine, other tracks of 5 hours or more play fine.

Get the “the track is encoded incorrectly” error message

Re-athourized Mixcloud in the Sonos app, it did nothing.

The track plays fine in Mixcloud Apps on Windows and Android

Twice today I’ve been left hanging for more than 15 minutes by CS on chat ...what’s going on?

• Please don't disappear now like the previous person did

14:33

• A

Thank you for the confirmation number, please allow me a moment

A*********

14:33

• Time Now 14:49!!!!!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

The mixcloud track mentioned in the post above is presently working here for me .. maybe just try it again, or I guess it could perhaps be something local to where you are?

Amazing that 3 CS people couldn’t just do that.

Cheers @Ken_Griffiths  

Where are You?

I’m in the UK and the show is in the UK, so doubt it will be a licensing issue..but you never know

Is that on Windows app?

Everything else works and always has done

Just to say I’m from the UK too, so not sure if its local connection, but will happily try any another track here for you, if you can provide enough details for me to search/locate it on mixcloud.

Hi @Ken_Griffiths 

I play Mixcloud pretty much non stop for the past 8 months and I’ve never had this issue before.

This is the only track that’s ever tripped up.

Tried resetting, reauthorizing, playing on Android etc etc and not working

What Sonos product(s) are you attempting to play the audio on.. if I have the same device here I will give that a try for you too. Are you using the S2 or S1 App?

Cheers @Ken_Griffiths 

Must have been a glitch with my system. I started playing the track on a different speaker and it worked.

Went back to the original group of speakers and its now playing.

Should have taken CS 1 minute to suggest that but received zero suggestions in over an hour.

If anyone else has same problem:

I was trying to play through Connect Gen 2 and 2xONEs grouped together. For some reason I got the encoded incorrectly message.

I tried playing through a different speaker, ungrouped the Connect and ONEs and then played through the ONEs on their own and then added the Connect. This worked for me.

EDIT: I did this on the Android app, not sure if that made a difference or not but playing through Windows S2 app now fine.

Hi @Ken_Griffiths 

I play Mixcloud pretty much non stop for the past 8 months and I’ve never had this issue before.

This is the only track that’s ever tripped up.

Tried resetting, reauthorizing, playing on Android etc etc and not working

I can only think it might be something local, but perhaps send me details of another mixcloud track that doesn’t work for you and I will see if I run into the same issue. You could perhaps try a different DNS on your router to see if that makes any difference, like google public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

Ah, our posts above crossed - I see you have now sorted it 👍

All the best..