Question

Mixcloud doesn’t play

• 13 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Mixcloud doesn’t connect. Sometimes it does, sometimes it don’t. I have 5 sonos items. At this moment it plays on 2, the other 3 I can’t get started. When i switch to radio or spotify, everything works ? This has been going on for months now, i have never had this trouble before in the past 5 years.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Paul-has-no-connection, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos community. We have coordinated this with Mixcloud and they are currently working on their infrastructure. You may experience service interruption during this period. You can always check the progress on https://status.sonos.com. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here. 

Hi Rowena, thanks for responding. Unfortunately this is exact the same answer I got a few years ago when I had difficulties playing tracks from my iPad and iPhone. Some weeks later we got the message that this was no longer possible. I have obtained Sonos equipment for +/- 3.000 € in total. At this moment i can only play internet radio and spotify (which I hardly listend to). My entire private music catalog (10.000 tracks) has become obsolete as I’m no longer able to play it directly or in mixed format via Mixcloud.  I’m getting extremely frustrated by the fact that this very expensive equipment is not functioning.  What should I do ? Sell all Sonos equipment and buy Bose or Harman Kardon ?

Still not able to play music from my favorite music provider Mixcloud. Over a month Sonos replies that they are working on a solution for this problem… how long do I have to be patient?  Thinking about buying another - more stable - device. To many problems occur since over a year ... 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, thank you for letting us know about it. We’ve been receiving the same concern and Mixcloud is already working on it. The fix is still in progress. We apologize for the inconveniences and we greatly appreciate your patience. You too can check the status by visiting this link https://status.sonos.com. If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to reach us. We are here to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Been like it for months now, sometimes works most often you get "cannot connect error"..