Question

Missing speakers

• 10 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

I have this recurring seemingly random issue with my system where at random the system drops all except the one speaker connected to the router from the app.

This seems to happen randomly when everything been be good for a week but then the issue can already over night.

No amount of switching the router is and on our the speakers off and on seems to make them reappear on the app. Devices seem to reappear at random after an indeterminate period of time. Today it's been 8 hours since I observed the issue and they're still.not back

Devices

1x play5 gen2

3 x play:1 ( one of these is connected to the router)

1x arc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaps ensure that your router 2.4ghz Wifi channel is set at least 5 channels away from your SonosNet channel. It’s best to use channels 1, 6 or 11 for the router with a channel-width of 20MHz.

The SonosNet channel can be changed in the Sonos App in "Settings/System/Network”.

The ‘Wired’ speaker is best wired direct to the router but set at least 3-4 feet away from the router. The further away, the better.

You may also find this link helpful:

Wireless Interference and Sonos